Saturday 30 December 2017

Review:: La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel

Hi guys,

On the blog today is a review of my favourite facial cleanser

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel
For Oily Sensitive Skin

The packaging of this product, like other products from La Roche-Posay, is very simple with the signature blue and white tone. The full size tube contains 200ml which is giant and can last quite a long time, up to 5-6 months even if you use it daily.

This product has a gel-like consistency, is so transparent that I can't take the photo of (sorry guys!). I usually just squeeze out a pea-sized amount, add some water to whip it up then it is ready to work.

This cleanser has some sort of chamomile scent to it, very similar to the Effaclar Duo [+] that I've reviewed (here). I'm not too sensitive with cosmetics fragrance, so this is not my problem, but some of you may do.

What I love most about this cleanser is that it has a pH of 5.5 - which is in the ideal range of 4.5-6.0. As our skin is slightly acidic, a cleanser with a pH in that range will not damage the skin barrier and helps maintain healthy skin.
Second, even though this is a foaming cleanser, after rinsing off, my skin doesn't feel dry or tightened. In fact, it feels well cleansed but still soft and moisturised, ready for next skincare steps.
And finally, because this cleanser foams up a little bit, it works nicely together with my Foreo Luna Mini. The device can glide on my skin smoothly without dragging my skin.

A 200ml tube retails at about $23, but you can wait for it to be on sales at Priceline or Chemist Warehouse. I will buy it again and highly recommend it to you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment