Sunday 10 December 2017

Review:: Foreo Luna Mini

4 May 2015 

Hi guys!

On the blog today is my review on a cleansing device from Foreo. Having used it for about a month now, I can see a significant improvement in my skin and can't recommend it enough. So let's get started!


Foreo Luna Mini

Foreo is a pretty young brand founded in 2013 from Sweden, focusing on beauty and oral care devices. At the moment, their product range is quite limited with Luna (face cleansing devices) and Issa (electric toothbrushes).
Foreo Luna Mini, as the name suggests, is a mini, more affordable version of the full-sized Foreo Luna. I bought this device at David Jones for $179. For comparison, a Luna/Luna for men costs $249, and a more luxurious Luna Luxe costs about $8000.



How it works
My understanding is that the Luna Mini cleanses by vibrating on our skin at 8000 pulsations per minute. The silicon heads will push dirt, impurities and dead skin cells onto the skin surface to be washed away, while gently massage our skin at the same time.
The device has 2 speeds, is waterproof and rechargeable.
There are 5 colours to choose from. Mine is magenta.



What's in the box


Paying $179, what I got is a compact transparent plastic box containing a Foreo Luna Mini, a charging cable, an authenticity card for warranty purpose, a quick start guide and a basic user manual.

The device is made of waterproof silicone with brush heads (silicone touch points) made  from the same material, which is totally different from a traditional cleansing brush such as Clarisonic. The brush heads are varied in size, with larger, thicker ones for cleansing oilier area. 


How to use
It is advised to fully charge the device before the first time use. It took me approximately 30 minutes to fully charge, and should last 4 to 5 months if I use it twice a day. I haven't charged it again in the last month.

Using this device is not rocket-science:
- Wet face then apply cleanser of choice
- Wet the device, turn it on and move it in circular motions over your face for 1 minute. Luna Mini is quite smart that it has pulses and timer for when you should move the device to another face area and when the one minute is over so that you don't over cleanse. The device will turn off automatically after 3 minutes.
- Rinse and pat dry your face
- Rinse and dry the device

Note that Foreo Luna Mini cannot remove makeup, so you should properly remove your makeup before using it. It is also advised not to use this device with scrub, clay based or silicone based cleanser as that will damage the silicone touch points and also damage your skin. In my personal experience, I love using this device with foaming cleanser as it glides on more easily.

Some pros and cons
Pros:
  • Very gentle: As I have sensitive skin, I always try to steer clear of using abrasive, harsh things on my face. Luna Mini has super soft silicone touch points that vibrates fast but gently. I've never experience irritation or purging from using this device.
  • Effective: My skin feels well cleansed and soft after use, pores seem smaller and tighter.
  • Low maintenance: This device has a super long battery life which makes it not only good for everyday use but also ideal for travel. In addition, as it doesn't require you to replace new brush heads frequently as traditional devices, you can save in the long run.
  • Hygienic: Because of the silicone material, the device is easy to clean and is resistant from bacterial growth.
Cons:
  • The only downside of this device probably is its price tag. On the market now there are other affordable options with very similar technology. I myself haven't tried them and can't comment on their effectiveness, but they may worth looking if you are on a budget and still want to have a facial cleansing devices. 
 Personally, I love my Foreo Luna Mini and would recommend it to anyone who can afford it.

----
After this post was published in Vietnamese, I was contacted by Foreo marketing representative and invited to be one of their affiliates. You can buy Foreo products via this link and if you choose to do so, I will earn a small commission so that I can run and develop this blog. Going through this link or not, the price will be the same for you.
http://flip.go2cloud.org/SH5C 




No comments:

Post a Comment