Saturday 9 December 2017

Review:: Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream

20 April 2015

Hello beauties!

On the blog today is a review of my holy-grail moisturiser, which is not only super affordable but also works all the time even when my skin was craziest and angriest.

Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream


The tube that I have was bought in Vietnam a while ago. The packaging is quite different from what you can buy in Australia, but the content is the same.

There is no fancy ingredient in this moisturising cream:
Polyglycerylmethacrylate is a film-forming/holding agent, leaves skin feeling smooth when applying
Propylene glycol and glycerin are widely used humectants which absorb moisture for skin and restore its suppleness
Light mineral oil is another common ingredient used in cosmetics, especially moisturiser for its ability to replenish skin. There are some "myths" that mineral oil can clog pores and is bad for skin, but in fact, it is safe and non-sensitising.
Sweet almond oil rich in fatty acid and triglyceride, very effective in soften skin.
This moisturising cream is fragrance free, lanolin free and paraben free and is non-comedogenic.

The cream has a very dense, rich texture. I usually just need a small amount (2-3 pea sized) for my whole face. Using too much is not necessary and actually making the skin feeling heavy and uncomfortable.

This cream is very effective and does exactly what is advertised - moisturising. If you want something that can also whiten or anti-age, this cream is not for you. I've been using it for 2 years (since when I was taking oral isotretinoin for acne treatment) and it has always been one of my household staples. My skin always feel soft and soothed, and makeup always goes on smoothly. Another thing that I love about this cream is its gentleness. Despite my skin being sensitive and acne prone, I've never had an issue when using it. This is my fourth tube, and I can't recommend it enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment